Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Some Thoughts



Eddie Bauer Wrinkle Resistant shirts rock.

Apparently all the taxi drivers with the cab company I've been using love me (or so I was told this morning).

I hate to wear thong underwear (I refuse to wear it), but recently discovered, "boy shorts" (especially in lycra). What a wonderful invention! Solves the panty line issue and are very comfortable all at the same time. I may never wear anything else. (Perhaps this is TMI).

Wore my mother's pearls for my first day of work here. I'm hoping that they will bring me some luck.

Looking out the Company cafeteria (floor to ceiling) windows yesterday at all the trees still covered in snow from the storm the day before made me feel like I was in a ski lodge.

I'm working with a consultant here who works for Old Company. I used to work with him years ago when I worked for the NY Consulting & Education branch (I did operations, I was not technical in those days, he was a consultant). He knows his stuff, technically, so I am very happy to have him here, especially as I know that I can talk to him and he will help me out. But, I can see how they need someone like me on this project. I'll speak up in meetings, come up with ideas and am far bossier and more outspoken than he could ever be. I had a revelation about this in a meeting yesterday.

I've been to two meetings now (New Company Orientation on Monday and a team meeting hosted by my boss's "boss" yesterday) where the participants were told that we are "the best and the brightest" and that's why we are here (at the company, on the team, whatever). My response both times has been, "huh?" Wondering how I managed to sneak into such esteemed company.

No comments: