Friday, February 15, 2008



That Wacky Pug



So the other night I was sleeping and I woke up at some point and couldn’t find Fitz. He had somehow completely disappeared. Sometimes he gets under the covers and may migrate more towards the foot of the bed, but he’ll usually pop his head out from under the covers if I call him. But, nope there was no response, he was no where to be found. But, oddly, I could feel him moving around. Delirious with sleep, I finally turned the light on, got out of bed and started digging through the covers trying to find him. It turns out that a snap or two of the duvet cover had come undone at the bottom and he had somehow managed to crawl inside of that opening and gotten himself disoriented and lost inside of the comforter bag. I think he heard me calling him, but couldn’t find his way out and ended up stuck and trapped in a corner. When I figured out what was happening, I was laughing so hard that I couldn’t even help him at first. But finally I unsnapped a few more of the buttons and reached in and was able to drag him out and rescue him. That silly, silly boy. Of course you have to also realize that this all happened at around 3:30 AM. 3:30 – 5:30 AM seems to be prime dog drama time, after all.

No comments: