Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pedometer = Motivation



So, I bought a pedometer after work on Tuesday after reading some personal stories on the 'Net somewhere about people who use them to help motivate themselves into walking more. I have also read somewhere that you should generally target about 10,000 steps per day for general good health and reasonable-average fitness. I figured that it couldn't hurt, they're cheap enough after all. And, while it might not train me for a marathon, it might at least get me started back down that old running road.

So I bought the pedometer on Tuesday. After 5 PM or so on Tuesday I managed to put about 8,000 steps on it. Yesterday I reached almost 13,000. And today I'm up to about 20,000. This sucker MOTIVATES. At least until the novelty wears off. Well, and the wonderful weather doesn't hurt either.

No comments: