Monday, August 23, 2004

Drama on a Sunday Morning



So, yesterday morning I was standing on the sidewalk outside of my apartment building back gate with my neighbor, Jerry, and our two dogs (Lola and Jake). This guy in a van pulls up across the street and starts blowing his horn (so obnoxious! But particularly so at 8:30 AM on a Sunday morning). This was the conversation that ensued:

Jerry: "Hey, why do you gotta blow your horn like that?!"
Me : "Yeah, you know, this is a neighborhood, these are all people's homes."
Jerry: "Are you too lazy to park your car and get out and ring the bell?"
Me : "It's illegal you know."
Scary Russian Lady at the Window: "Oh, you SHUT UP! It none of your business! I LIVE here!"
Me : "So do we. Does that give you the right to disturb dozens of your neighbors?"
SRL : "SHUT UP! You no clean up after your dog!" *
*Nothing pisses me off more than some telling me that I don't pick up after my dog.
Me : "Of course I do, why do you think I carry these baggies around?" (I hold up wad of baggies) "I suggest you keep your mouth shut when you don't know what you're talking about lady."
SRL : Screeching something unintelligible out the window.
Me : "Oh, just take yourself and your housecoat back into your apartment."
Man in the Van: "I'm so sorry, it won't happen again."

heh.

No comments: