Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Home Improvement Continues



One of the things that I've really wanted to do in my new house is have some bookshelves and an incorporated TV-stand/entertainment unit built into my living room. A couple of weeks ago I interviewed a few carpenters and last week finally decided which one to hire. Today I signed the proposal and gave him my deposit and the work is meant to start at the end of this week. It's pretty exciting to see something I've envisioned actually start to happen. In the past I've never really had the resources to have anything significant done in my home, it's almost a weird feeling to realize that I actually can do this kind of thing now. I'll be very happy to finally get these shelves installed. I can unpack all of my books, hang some pictures and finally have a completely finished room! Well, it won't be completely finished until I replace the carpeting and get some window treatments, but it'll be close enough to satisfy me.

No comments: