Monday, September 08, 2003

Haven't had time to blog -- busy!

Anyway, a relatively pleasant weekend. The weather here was/is PERFECT! Low to mid 70s, low humidity, sunny. As my friend Paul said on Saturday, "Top 10 Day". Hung out with Carolina & Janos on Friday night and watched "Identity" and drank wine. Not too scary, but generally a pretty good movie as far as that kind of thing goes. Kept you thinking just about until the end. Saturday Carolina, Janos, Paul, Luminita and I all went to lunch at a local pub. Sat outside and ate (did not have beer -- hhhmmmppfff) and then we went over to see Carolina & Janos's new apartment. It's huge! But does it ever need a lot of work -- yikes. That evening we all had a picnic in the backyard of our building. Jerry, Kathy & Claudine were also out there along with Jake, Lola's friend. So the two dogs had a lot of fun chasing each other around. Later that night, Carolina & Janos and I went upstairs and watched "Old School". I was pleasantly surprised by this movie, expected it to be incredibly stupid and sophmoric, but we really laughed the entire way through it. I originally just rented it because Vince Vaughn is in it, but it ended up being enjoyable beyond that. "Frank the Tank" -- heh. Sunday I did a little cleaning and then brought Lola to the park for a long walk/run combo. It was so nice, especially off the roads on the trails and bridle paths. It just amazes me how few people really use this area of the park. We saw hardly anyone. Although, at one point I passed two women walking and was treated to a cloud of perfume, bleargh. At least they were drawing all the mosquitos away from everyone else with the stench. YUK. Speaking of stench, cleaning lady just invaded my cube -- ugh!

So Michelle has her co-op interview (for my building) this Saturday. She's nervous, but I would think by now they must know whether she qualifies. They wouldn't waste a Saturday morning if they weren't pretty sure they were going to accept her. Of course I was one of her references so that could have completely blown her chances.

No comments: