Tuesday, September 09, 2003

I'm having such a frustrating week so far. Between work and the money thing... I was actually looking forward to work this week (believe it or not). Sunday night I was not depressed about coming to work on Monday morning. For a change. I've actually been enjoying work a bit, since I really like what I'm currently working on. It's tough and frustrating though and I hit more than my share of roadblocks, but I ended last week more or less on a good note, so I was ready to dig in again on Monday. And then on Sunday night I had all kinds of evil dreams about work. The most significant piece of the dream involved this horrible and evil manager I used to have here. She was the type to resent other women who might have half a brain. You could get far with her by sitting in her office for most of the day and gossiping and sucking up to her. If you wanted to work and try to get somewhere, you were on her shit list. And if she didn't like you, she found plenty of ways to A) let you know, B) undermine you, and C) let the "Big" Boss know that you sucked. It took me a couple of years, but I got out of that department (she is still in this company and still pulling the same shit with unsuspecting people years later). Anyway, I dreamt that all of a sudden I had to work for her again, only in addition to all the current managers and project managers I work for. I dreamt that I was working hard on my current project, but that she kept popping up demanding my time on stupid and inconsequential work (like making copies of fax cover sheets for her and other inane tasks) and in the meantime, complaining to my other managers etc. that I was dropping projects, had a bad attitude. And then because so much of my time was spent dealing with her and her crap, all of my real projects were slipping too. It was a horrible dream. That was Sunday night. In the meantime I've reached another roadblock with the application I'm currently working on. This happens and is to be expected, but it makes the work frustrating. And what makes it worse is that I've broken something that I actually had working, in the course of trying to solve my current problem. And I'm not exactly sure what I've done. So I'm frustrated. Broke and frustrated.

And you thought it was all just fun & games on my blog.

No comments: