Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Geez, I haven't written in a loooong time. I think it's a combination of being pretty busy at work, and not having anything much interesting to say. I've had a number of big projects dumped on me, and while for the most part I welcome the work and am happy to be pretty busy, I'm also a little bit overwhelmed as each is considered a "high priority" item. Additionally, there is the usual Quarter-End craziness to deal with too, so work is pretty busy. But mostly in a good way, so I'm not going to complain (for once).

Working out is going pretty well too. Managing to average three runs and two spinning classes a week. Strength training, however, has somehow fallen to the wayside with the onset of Summer. I was getting my weights workouts in on lunch hours three times a week, but with the heat now I can't convince myself to do all that running around and working out in the middle of the workday.

Have I mentioned lately that the LIRR sucks? Brand new trains (that, by the way, are smaller than the old ones) and yet I still end up in un-air-conditioned cars. Which, I have to say, really wasn't appreciated last night after my killer-sweat-fest-spinning-class, thank you very much.

So anyway, nothing is new. Work is busy, working out is clipping along. Trying to increase my running mileage (without a lot of success). And the LIRR sucks. That's it in a nutshell.

No comments: