Thursday, July 01, 2004

People in Queens are Weird



Last night while walking home from the Park, Lola and I were strolling across the bridge that crosses over the LIRR train tracks. There was a woman about a third of a block away, we weren't really walking that fast (the workout was done at that point) so we weren't gaining on her or anything. But she kept looking over her shoulder at us. Finally she got off the sidewalk and stood in the street between two parked cars and waited for us to pass, while eyeing my dog. Lola just walked along, 'doh de doh de doh' wagging her tail and minding her own business. It was just so weird. Was she afraid of my little dog? I have never encountered such fear & suspicion of dogs in my life as I see on a daily basis in Queens. It just astounds me. Especially over a little dog with a friendly face and a waggy tail. And the thing with last night was, we weren't even close to this woman. She was pretty far ahead of us and it was fairly obvious that we weren't going to catch up to her (nor were we trying to). People in Queens are weird. I don't know if I'll ever get used to it.

No comments: