Thursday, July 08, 2004

"HARRRIBLE"



It is one of those Summer days that makes me absolutely crazy. So humid that even standing still, you're sweating buckets. It feels like you're standing in a swamp and, in NYC, you're not always blessed with air-conditioning everywhere you go either. My morning train is always late when it's hot like this (no idea why). I stand there sweating and stressing that the train that finally comes will be over-crowded with no A/C - neither of which happened today, but the stress causes me to sweat more. Get to Penn Station and the A/C there is murky at best with the heat rolling off all the open train tracks. Stop in Dunkin Donuts for coffee, where there is a line out the door, and deal with the no A/C at all in that store. No A/C plus all the machines and ovens, etc. running in a small space. It was at least 100 degrees in there (with no exaggeration) plus all the humidity we are enjoying on the streets today. This kind of day just puts me in the worst mood imaginable. At least I have no where I have to get to by subway today. That would truly send me over the edge, I swear.

No comments: