Friday, October 29, 2004

Shaking my head in dismay and disgust



I saw the most appalling thing on my way to work this morning. I was walking down the street on my way to the train and passed this woman with two kids who was helping one of the kids to open his fly and pee against a tree. Like a dog. In broad daylight. On a busy, urban-residential street. When I realized what was happening, I was a bit past them, but I stopped and gaped at her and said out loud, "are you kidding me???" She either didn't hear me or just ignored me. Another woman coming down the street smiled at the threesome like the whole thing was oh-so-cute. In my mind this is just plain tacky, it shows no respect for the community and what the hell do you think you're teaching your children??? No self-restraint is needed in life, because it is, afterall, all about you, you, you. I know I sound older than dirt but, what is this World coming to?

No comments: