Friday, July 08, 2005

Just the BEST Way to Start a Day...



Over-sleep because I've been waking up during the night all week and I'm just plumb exhausted and it's one of those stormy days best spent indoors, preferably in bed. Run the dog out in the pouring, torrential rain. Drag dog around in the rain because she wants nothing to do with it. Plead with dog to puh-leeze (at least) PEE! Get back home and make coffee (after first spilling yesterday's coffee grinds all over kitchen counter), rush through a shower, only to come out into the living room to find that the dog has puked all over the bright, red rug. Run around like a complete maniac while: trying to clean it up, get dressed and keep afore-mentioned dog out of afore-mentioned puke. Realize that there is no way I'm going to make my train. Take a deep breath and "decide" that I'm going to be late. Call in work and leave a message in case anyone cares that I'm going to be late. Try to relax and drink some coffee while getting ready, when dog starts to puke again -- this time I manage to direct her off of the rug and onto the bare floor. Clean up massive amounts of puke and realize that now I have to rush again to make my late train. Run through the rain to the train station only to hear the announcements that the train is delayed because of a medical emergency (yeah, right, I'm sure it was delayed because of rain. It always is). Wait in the rain on the platform for about twenty minutes or so until the train finally arrives. After all that, make it to my desk just to realize that my manager, who I had sent a message to, to report my lateness is not even here yet. Also realize that I am so hungry that I'm just about ready to pass out. All I can say is, TG it's Friday. Sheesh!

No comments: