Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I Went to Bed at 9 O'Clock Last Night...



I really wanted to go to bed at 7:00 (I was falling asleep watching stupid TV), but it seemed too ridiculous.

It's been a crazy few months. The last two weeks have been particularly nuts, finishing up at my old company, trying to get my stuff and myself in order enough to make the move up to New Hampshire. Not sleeping (at all!), partying, worrying, anxiety, stress, blah blah blah. So, I started yesterday at New Company and what do you know, I'm sick. Today I'm even sicker (coughing, chest congestion, etc.) Just the way you want to start a new career at a new company. Just. Fantastic.

Other than that, everyone here has been very welcoming and friendly. So far I feel pretty comfortable, although I will feel more so once I start working on the project and get a feel that I know what I'm doing and can get the job done (competently).

The corporate apartment is okay, although it's weird not to be surrounded by my own furniture and books and plates and pictures and STUFF. It makes me feel a little lonely, even though I would no more be going around and socializing after work on a work night in NYC than I am here. It's just that feeling of limbo, I think. I'll feel much better once I get the car thing straightened out. I really hate having to rely on taxis (not to mention the fact that it's also fantastically expensive).

So, the transition is going well. I had just worked for so long at my previous company that it is a foreign concept to come to work and not immediately know what I should be jumping in and working on. And once I have a car I'll be able to take myself to the (wonderful!) grocery store. Not to mention being able to explore the area.

No comments: