Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Central Park



Another beautiful day here in NYC, although we were a little bit back to more Summer-like temperatures. I decided to venture North to Central Park after work for a run, since the days have now gotten too short to safely utilize Forest Park in Queens on a weeknight. Luckily there is a convenient NYSC location at West 73rd & Central Park West, so I was able to change and stow my stuff there while running. The run itself was rather uninspired (not to mention pathetic). I ran in on W. 72nd, and South down around the lower loop. I then ran North up the East Drive, up over Cat Hill (which, unfortunately, I had to run in two stages, with a walk-break between) and then across the walk-way around the North side of the Great Lawn and then down the West Park Drive, and finishing with a hill on an annex road taking me back to the W. 72nd Street Park entrance. All-in-all I think about 3 miles (I'll have to take a look at my CP map to confirm). It wasn't such a great effort on my part, but oh, it was so very wonderful to be running just a regular Wednesday night run in Central Park again.

No comments: