Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Queens Season is Over



Well, it looks as if running season in Queens is pretty much over. Last night I ran home from work at my usual time, changed, grabbed the pooch and hustled over to Forest Park in the dwindling sunlight. Ran in on the Park Drive and then off on the bridle trail. Right away I knew that my weeknight bridle trail runs were pretty much at an end as it was already twilight in the woods. Lonely and dark, I just ran in on the trail and up to my big hill -- the trail does some winding around, but by the time it gets to the hill, it parallels the Park Drive. Once I reached the top of the hill, I exited out of the woods and back onto the Drive where there were still some people and a little light. From there we ran back down the Park Drive and out of the park for a disappointing two-mile run. I came home and threw a load of laundry into a machine and then went to the gym in the basement and ran another mile on the treadmill and then put a little time in on the elliptical. I think I'm going to have to start getting a little creative about weekday running now that Forest Park is no longer an option (pisses me off that it's not safe). It's frustrating because Autumn is my favorite time of year to run too. Grrrrrrr.

No comments: