Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Spoke too Soon



My weather bug this morning says that the humidity is 100%. That's, ONE. HUNDRED. PERCENT. HUMIDITY. And it's not even raining. ACK! So, of course the train is late this morning. We stand there in the soaking humidity waiting and waiting and waiting. And, of course, I had been over five minutes early for the train, which means that I get to wait even longer in the miserable conditions. As we wait I get more and more agitated and pissed off. To make conversation, I turn to Michelle and say, "you know, the first Summer that I was riding the LIRR, I used to encounter lots of un-air-conditioned trains. In the past couple of years, it seems as if it hasn't been nearly as bad. I don't know if they've fixed the problem, or if it's because they now have so many more of the newer trains (that everyone hates, but at least the a/c usually works), but it's been better." Train finally comes and it's PACKED, there is no room in the first car. Go into the next car and settle in and there is NO AIR-CONDITIONING. At all. And very little space. And the car smells like sewage. Of course there was no A/C, I had just gotten through commenting about how the A/C situation on the LIRR hasn't been so bad lately. Sheesh. What a miserable, freaking experience. Also, a nice way to start the day in a completely horrible and pissed off mood.

No comments: