Saturday, September 23, 2006

Next Step Done



Today I had the inspection for the house I am buying. Not only was it great to get this next step done, but it also gave me a wonderful opportunity to comb through the house in infinite detail. I'm happy to say that after this process I like the place just as much as I did on the day I made my offer. Luckily, the house inspector didn't find anything majorly wrong with it either, so that's a relief.

On a related note, my mortgage broker got in touch with me last night to let me know that I now have the official mortgage loan approval, and for a rate even lower than I had been pre-approved for! So that is a very nice plus. It took only about a day or two to get the loan -- I can't believe how fast that was. Everything is moving extremely fast, frankly.

No comments: