Friday, October 17, 2003

So, the Yankees won last night. I'm glad. I'm not much of a baseball fan, but if I have to make a choice, it's Yankees all the way. I actually even watched part of the game. Ellen, Ken & I went to a sports bar after Spinning last night for a couple of beers, so we caught part of it there. The atmosphere was pretty charged. I actually kind of like watching baseball in a bar, you're comfortable, you can drink beer (going to the ladies room is not an ordeal) and there is this spirited sense of camaraderie with all the other people in the bar rooting for the team (assuming you're all rooting for the same team that is). Anyway, they were losing when we left (the game started so late! I had to work today -- sheesh!) but apparently they pulled it off with a homerun in the 11th inning -- amazing. So now we've got another series. NYC is an exciting place when the Yanks are in the Series. Even if you're not a baseball fan.

No comments: