Monday, April 03, 2006



Call Me a Freak



but I actually kind of like Mondays. It's the anticipation of a Monday that I can't take. The start of Monday morning can be a little rough, between going to bed insanely late on a Sunday (a habit I just can't seem to break) and that period of time when I first get in where I'm trying to remember what I was working on the Friday before and trying to get re-immersed. But once I hit my stride on a Monday, I actually kind of like it. I've had my time off, I've loafed plenty, watched movies, read, or done whatever. Work is almost a novelty again. I really like Monday nights however. Just having gotten through the day, made some progress on some stuff and feeling like I'm in the swing of whatever I'm working on. And there is also that relief factor. Once the Sunday Night Monday Dreads are over, the reality of a pretty good Monday feels great in comparison.

It was raining when I got home from work tonight, but I took Lola for a walk on the Heritage Trail anyway. We walked for about 45 minutes and had the whole trail to ourselves, it was pretty nice, even with the rain. Also nice and cool, but not cold. Perfect for walking (and running too, if I had been so inclined).

No comments: