Wednesday, January 19, 2005

A Better Week



Things seem to be picking up at work again, a little too much maybe, but at least I am finished with all the year-end craziness and can get back to real project work. Today flew by and I feel like I got a lot done, some new or newish projects on the horizon and some older, ongoing projects have become active again. It's all good.

I managed to drag myself to Iris the Evil for spinning last night and, as much as I dreaded her class going in, I felt the better for it afterwards. Tonight I just came home and ran on the treadmill and then did the elliptical for a while. My eating habits of late have been so-so. I do pretty well during the week -- eat healthfully, stay away from sweets, manage to get in some amount of fish and vegetables, take my vitamins, drink a ton of water, etc. only to completely fall apart on the weekend. I think it's boredom and lonliness and depression, truth be told. At least I'm not hitting the bottle (or the six-pack, in my case) so I guess that's something. Well, and with the weekend eating... it's not as if I really binge. I'm not eating boxes of cookies or donuts or bags of potato chips, it's just the order of dumplings here, the side of fries there. But it adds up. I think if I can just motivate myself to workout on the weekends, then my eating habits will fall better in line.

No comments: