Monday, January 03, 2005

Start Fresh



There is just something so bleak and depressing about a Winter Monday morning after a long holiday weekend. Especially after a weekend where one has accomplished, basically, nothing at all. Oh well, it's a new week, month, year, time to shake off the holiday doldrums and start fresh, I say. Julia has announced that she and Joe have decided that they will come up to Utica and run the Boilermaker this year, so that means that I need to get cracking and get serious and consistent about running. Again. So, now I need to let the depression of December roll off, dig in, roll up my sleeves and get to work. Of course, it's going to be rough today because I was up late, late, late (like 4 AM late) reading this book that I just can't put down and now, not only am I exhausted, but I have a sore throat to boot. But whatever, I don't have to do much, I just have to do something, even if that just means getting on the elliptical for fifteen minutes. Time for a New Attitude. Dammit.

No comments: