Thursday, January 27, 2005

Faux Paus



A colleague was visiting me in my cubicle this morning and he commented on how quiet it was back here because no one across from me appeared to be in yet. I went on to explain how it always seems to be one extreme or the other over here. Either it's silent (like it was then) or it's so ridiculously loud. The girl who sits in the cube beside me is SO LOUD, it's crazy. Loud, incessant giggling. ALL the time (I call her "The Giggler"). Loud talking. ALL the time. Yelling across the aisle to the guy who sits across from me and conducting entire conversations in this manner. Sometimes I get so frustrated that I have to put on headphones just to zone her out -- even then, it doesn't really entirely work. Anyway, I felt free to tell him all this because she's been on vacation for a while, presumably a trip back to India which always means weeks of time. And no one else in this area really gets in before 10 or 10:30. Well. Apparently she's back from vacation as of today. I've been treated to loud giggling and conversing most of the later morning. I just wonder if she was here sitting in her cubicle listening to my rant this morning. She's usually here by 9 (I don't always hear her right away because her colleagues aren't here that early). I'm such a social moron.

No comments: