Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Jumping!



I had another great riding lesson tonight. It was a jumping night and I was slightly nervous to begin with, but Lulu and I really managed to pull off some pretty good jump courses -- generally pretty balanced and ridden correctly. I think my position was okay for the most part and (more importantly) our pace and approach to the fences were controlled with me pretty firmly in charge. I was pretty happy and satisfied with everything by the time we were done and felt like we ended the session on a really good note.

Each week I feel like I understand a little bit better how Lulu needs to be ridden. Never having owned my own horse, this is a bit of a new experience for me. I've never had the opportunity to bond this much with a horse, nor really know how an individual horse needs to be ridden to this degree before and I'm really liking the feeling!

After each riding experience these days, I find myself driving away from the barn so happy and relaxed and content. I know of nothing else in my life that makes me feel this way.

No comments: