Monday, August 25, 2003

Rather than just coming home and sitting like a lump watching Oprah or Seinfeld repeats or something, after having turned down the invitation to the USO, I decided to take Lola to the Park for a walk. It's supposed to get very hot and humid again later this week (big surprise) so I figured it was best to take advantage of the nice weather (not to mention the longer days) while we could. On the way out the door I ran into Carolina on her way down to the train to meet her mother. I decided to walk with her there before moving on to the park. Odd decision as her mother usually scares the bejesus out of me. But once she showed, I didn't stick around long enough for her to latch on and give me any unsolicited, er, advice.

After that quick encounter, we were on to the Park. Putting a damper on our little outing is the fact that there have been a few rapes in this area lately. A couple in the Park. This is so despicable and makes me so mad that I just can't even talk about it. So Lola and I stuck to the main drive of the park, staying away from the bridle trails, which are our favorite. Still it was a nice enough walk.

No comments: