Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Today was a somewhat important day for me at work. Not Earth-shatteringly important, but still significant as the project I've been working on for the past few months was being evaluated by the Project Leader. If found very lacking, this news would have quickly traveled back to my immediate boss as well as the Director of my department. I think a bad review of my work could have actually threatened my continued employment here. It certainly would have affected my future involvement with this project and others like it. Complicating my performance on this project is the fact that this involved developing a whole new set of programming skills, in addition to adhering to a methodology that I am completely unfamiliar with. Additionally, I've had a lot of side projects thrown my way during the course of my time working on this thing, which at best is distracting, but also changes my focus from time to time, interrupting the learning process, not to mention my effectiveness in making progress. Anyway, the evaluation of my work came back pretty positively, but also with a large list of things that need to be changed, added or fixed. I'm actually pretty happy for this list as it means I will be pretty busy for a while. Most importantly, I am ending this workday with a good amount of relief.

No comments: