Monday, August 25, 2003

Well, today didn't end up so badly afterall. I think it is always the anticipation of Monday that is the worst. Kind of like going to the dentist or the gym. Or in my case, to my parents'. Actually, that last one IS always as bad as anticipated. But you get my drift. Anyway, I fixed the thing I broke on Friday, only to create new problems for myself, but at least I know what is causing the current problems -- it's just something I have to work through. Kinda like working out a puzzle. Friday's thing was a whole other kettle of fish.

So my friend Lares asked me to go with him (and another friend, Lou) to the US Open after work today. I had to say, "no thanks" as I am really not much of a tennis fan, nor am I a fan of going out on a Monday. Apparently there would have been free food and booze, and while that is tempting, I think I am better off heading straight for home. I suspect things could have gotten ugly had I had access to free beer after a woefully boring weekend. Speaking of woefully boring, I have become woefully boring myself. A few short years ago I would have jumped at a chance to do something different, tennis fan or not. Especially if it involved booze. I am just getting horribly old and dull.

No comments: