Wednesday, April 07, 2004

I was up all night last night coughing. Frustrating under any circumstance, but especially last night as I had been so exhausted already. I finally gave up, got up and ready and came to work early. I think I'll try to leave here a little early today and go up to Central Park and try to run again a little bit. I felt terrible that I hadn't done any running between last week's running class and yesterday. It's only going to get harder to keep up, so I really have to make sure I do my "homework". Surprisingly, last night I wasn't terrible however. There were plenty of people in the class who "cheated" and had to walk during the running intervals, even on the very first one. And (if I'm going to be honest with myself), if I hadn't been in class, I know I would never have made myself run intervals of that length. I would have given up and walked far sooner than we did with class last night. So I think class is a really good thing for me in this respect. I am too stubborn to give in, even when I feel like I'm going to fall over with the effort. heh. Next week will be intervals of six minutes, so I really need to buckle down and start putting in the effort.

No comments: