Sunday, April 11, 2004

Yesterday I had a delightful time being in Central Park to walk and to run. It was one of those terrific days that happen all of a sudden when Winter gives up it's grip, and the Cherry Blossoms and Magnolias are just about ready to bloom (you could see the buds gaining color and a little volume, they're just not quite there yet). Lots of people were out enjoying the day, and I saw the gamut of outfits for the weather too. Everything from shorts and tank-tops to down coats, hats and scarves. Me: I was in long running pants, short-sleeve micro-fiber shirt and a running shell (think: windbreaker) which came off during the time I was running. My experience in Central Park was bittersweet however as I miss living next to it so much. This used to be my backyard! I felt a sour hole in the pit of my stomach for much of the time, my angst over this was so large.

I met Ellen & Ken, Harriet and Daniel outside of the Park in the early afternoon, from where we moved on to Brother Jimmy's on Amsterdam Avenue to sit outside in the sun, enjoy the day and some Southern BBQ (as well as some beer). It was a wonderful time.

No comments: