Tuesday, April 20, 2004

What can I say about Julia's and Joe's wedding? What a fun time, what a perfect wedding. Beautiful weather the entire weekend (although the heat on Monday was obviously horrible for the Boston Marathon runners). Everyone stood in a circle (a circle of "love" heh) in the brilliant sunshine around the couple at the Marathon Start Line on Saturday morning to hear the vows and then we all moved on down the street for the pig roast, which was made even more wonderful by the perfect weather. Even Lola got to go. Yes, I actually brought my dog to the wedding. You've got to love a couple who invites a pug to their wedding! Anyway, it was a great day to be outside in the sunshine drinking beer and eating BBQ.

The entire weekend was a lot of fun actually. From the road trip up to Boston with Ellen & Ken, to being able to have my dog with me, to the great dinner that Julia & Joe organized and paid for for family & friends the night before the wedding (where I finally got to meet the famous Amanda), to the wedding and the pig roast and the Dead Runner's Society Dinner on Saturday night, it was such a fun time. Best weekend I've probably had in a couple of years. I had also forgotten how much I love Boston. Great town, I could live there.

By the way, does anyone know who that guy was who was filming my dog right after the wedding ceremony? The guy got right down on the same level with her and spent a lot of time filming her, while I stood at the end of her leash watching. He never introduced himself or explained what he was doing or anything. Weird.

No comments: