Friday, May 14, 2004

Fridays lately for me are so damn, dull. By Friday I am so sick of the work week, bored beyond belief with whatever I'm working on and so tired of sitting in the same spot, in the same position for hours & hours at a time. Fridays used to be exciting, they used to be about whatever adventure I was going to have that night. Now they are about white-knuckling it until the end of the work week, when I can finally take that Friday evening train home and relax. I ran downstairs a little earlier to grab a soda and happened to walk past a group of people standing around outside who looked like they were gearing up for the weekend (or the night ahead) spirits were high and you could just read the optimism for fun and high jinxs in their voices. I couldn't help but feel... envious. This used to be me on a Friday afternoon. I all of a sudden felt so very old. On the other hand, the last thing I'm really in the mood for tonight is a night of bar hopping until the wee hours. Maybe it's my job that's making me feel this way. Or maybe I'm just tired. Either way, I am so done with the week already! ARGH!

No comments: