Wednesday, May 19, 2004

I've been feeling really fragile for the past couple of days. Easily upset and rather blue and I've been trying to pin-point why. I think a big part of it is my continued dissatisfaction with my working and my living circumstances. I want to change my career path, but I have no clue how to do so or where to start or even what I really want to do (I just know that it's not this). I want to live somewhere where there is a better quality of life for your money too. I love NYC, I really do. But for me to live happily in NYC, I have to live near Central Park (preferably on the Upper West Side) and that takes a lot of money, which brings me back to the stress of being stuck in some corporate job I don't love (if I could even get said corporate job that would pay the right living to live near Central Park, which is extremely doubtful). Additionally, I've been on a bit of a life-style makeover for a while now. People who have been reading my Workout Log know that I am in week 13 of consistently working out and running. And, although this working out business has made me happier than I was before I started, I'm very frustrated that I haven't seen better results. I'm in a little bit better shape, yes. I can run longer and further than I could 13 weeks ago (although, to me, it stills seems a pathetic distance), but I haven't physically changed all that much. Some of my clothes are a little looser on me or are baggy, but I haven't dropped even a true size, I don't think. 13 weeks, that's over 3 months of this. It's all just so demoralizing. I'm not going to stop, it's too important to be fit and to lead an active life, and it does make me feel better, in general. But it is all so disappointing at the same time. I guess it's time to do a re-evaluation of my program. At least I know what to do (for the most part) for the running-workout side of my life, it's the rest of it that has me completely stymied.

No comments: