Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Better...



Okay, the week has gotten much better after it's less-than-stellar start on Monday. I've managed to make great strides on one of my BI projects and am almost ready to move it over for the client to access. That is until the PM decides to change something else that is a crucial element. But I'm not going to worry about that just now.

In related news, we had an All-Company meeting today. We rent out the big auditorium at FIT to hold everybody and then the various mucky mucks speak about where we've been and where we're headed. This is the 30th Anniversary of my company (pretty long history for a software company, actually). For the 20th anniversay, they threw this huge shindig at the Pierre Hotel. Open bar, incredible food, everyone dressed to the nines. This year we had a two-hour meeting in a stuffy auditorium where we were all (all 800+ physically there, as well as field people watching via Web-X) admonished to work hard so that the company can reach it's goals. Somehow I feel like we got gypped this year. hmmmmm. Maybe I'm being a little sensitive, but I think it's insulting to tell people who already work hard and perform that they are expected to work hard. Whatever.

No comments: