Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Getting There



Yesterday morning I was working away and making some progress on this reporting program that I'm writing. I had been responding and contributing to various team members consistently, my new car was sitting outside in New Company's parking lot and I realized all of a sudden that, wow, I'm actually happy. Or at least getting there. I feel like I'm getting a bit of a handle on the job, I'm getting along well with the team, I'm speaking up in meetings, I have my license and a car now and my money situation is not desperate (for a change) and I really like this area that I'm living in. So I feel that things are beginning to come together nicely.

I should say that I was happy until I found out that the chick who supposedly was buying my apartment in NYC has been jerking me along for the past five weeks and it turns out that she doesn't have the required deposit after all! ARGH! So now I've lost a lot of critical time in this process. The good news is that I already have another offer for the same price, but who knows when this closing will ever freaking happen? Dealing with the management company and co-op board alone can take forever. Seriously.

No comments: