Friday, February 10, 2006

What a Week



I'm so glad it's Friday, I'm just exhausted. Each week I seem to be a little bit busier in my new job. This is a good thing as it means that I am getting more and more involved. So, the highlights of my week:

Got my NH license! (as stated previously) This was such a huge relief. The whole process was a whole lot more pleasant (I'm sure) than the experience would have been in NYC. First, I didn't have to get a learner's permit. In NH (if you're over 15 and 1/2) you can just go ahead and drive, as long as you are accompanied by a license NH driver over the age of 25. Weird. So, I was able to drive around with Driving School Lady right from the start. When you go to take your test, you take the eye, written and driving test all in one shot. The guy who gave me my driving test was so nice, he just sat there and chatted with me the whole time while I just tooled around on some of the surrounding streets. He didn't even bother to write anything down while I drove and when I was finished, he handed me a piece of paper and said that he didn't even mark off any demerits for anything. Such a jubilant feeling to know that I now once again have a license.

Went to Boston for meetings. My group had this all-day meeting/seminar/class in Boston on Wednesday, so Julia & Joe kindly invited me (and Lola) to stay at their place in the South End. So, that was very nice of them and it made the trip easier on me (and Lola got to play with their dog, Cassidy). I just love Boston.

Meet the Team. Having the meeting in Boston gave me the opportunity to meet and interact with the team that I am now a part of. A lot of these people I had not even met yet, so it was great opportunity. All of them just seem really great and I feel very lucky to be a part of the group.

Lots o' Meetings. Lots & lots of meetings this week. There are generally a lot of meetings anyway, but there were even more so this week. I think I'm getting used to it. A couple of the regular meetings I have to be a significant player in, so I am making an effort to be a strong contributor, I hope I'm doing okay (I'm speaking up a lot anyway).

Take a Drive. So, as I mentioned earlier, I picked up a car from a local Suburu dealer to have for overnight. It was such a great feeling to just drive around by myself in a car. I felt... normal. I didn't even really go anywhere, stopped at a pet store on the way home to pick up some things for Lola, stopped at home to take her out and then I went to the grocery store and home again. But it was wonderful. The Suburu guys said that I can bring the car back anytime tomorrow, so I have to think about where I really want to drive around here before I do so.

Oh yeah, and I now (finally!) have internet access at home!!! Thank GOD

Anyway, things here are settling down and I'm settling in. Work is still scary, but I'm getting used to things and am hopefully becoming more of a contributing member. I have that license, now the next step is to get a car. Then I can start concentrating on getting a home. So things are a little bit more comfortable. Little by little I'm making progress here.

No comments: