Friday, February 24, 2006

Things About Driving that are Different since the Last Time I was a Driver



* SUVs (like, everywhere)
* Air Bags ("10" and "2" is no longer the "ideal" hand position)
* iPod/iTune technology (sweet!)
* Mapquest (still want a GPS someday though)
* Cell Phones: it's amazing how many people I see driving around with a phone held up to their ear. Although, there is one positive to the ubiquitousness of cell phones, I can sing along to the iPod and people can assume I'm just talking on a hands-free cell phone call (you just have to watch that head bobbing, etc.)

Things I had forgotten:

* How much tail-gaters annoy the crap out of me.
* Constantly amazed at how few people actual signal to turn or switch lanes.
* How easy it is to speed (and people were telling me to buy a turbo, have enough trouble keeping to the speed limit as it is)
* How much fun driving a stick is (except in Boston bumper-to-bumper traffic)

No comments: