Saturday, February 11, 2006

Okay, this is just... In.Sane.



After having my little loaner Suburu for the past 24 hours (sidebar: I even drove myself to a Target, the first time I had ever been in one!) I drove it back to the dealership and ended up leaving with a brand new car. A 2006 5-speed "steel gray metallic" Forester. I didn't really think this was going to happen so fast, but there you go, yikes! We're supposed to be getting this gi-normous snow storm tonight and I don't even own so much as an ice scraper! (Guess I should have picked one up at Target). Oh well, at least there is a car port that I can use around the corner. Anyway, so now that I'm home I can sit here and start to freak out about the money and second guess my decision to get a new car. Well, at least I won't have to rely on the Taxi Guy any more (although I really should give him a call and thank him for all of their assistance to me over the past few weeks).

Oh and my stick-driving skills are pretty damn rusty (after all, it has been at least 10 years, and I think actually it's more, since I've driven a stick), so I need some practice. I'm pretty rough at the moment (at least I didn't stall or back-slide anywhere on the way home, so I guess that's something).

Speaking of Taxi Driver, a couple of the taxi guys at various times have invited me to join them for karokee night at a local chinese restaurant! Can you just see me hanging out with the taxi guys doing karokee??? Too funny.

So, two of my immediate goals have now been accomplished:

* Get driver's license -- check
* Get a car -- check

Now on to the next thing.

No comments: