Thursday, February 23, 2006

Today...



I signed up for the gym at New Company today. Now let's see if I can make myself go and use it. No spinning there though, although they told me that it's coming soon.

Weird weather tonight, coming home it was sort of raining, sort of snowing, sort of icing. Between the weird globs of falling ice/snow/rain, the headlights and the reflective surfaces, it was really hard to tell where I was in the road. It was a strangely stressful drive home, I almost felt a little drunk & disoriented.

I still haven't bought an ice scraper thingie for the car, so I went outside just now and drove the car around to the back to put it in the car port since the weather is kind of weird and I'm not sure how much snow or ice is supposed to fall tonight. I usually just leave it in a parking place outside my apartment, the car port is all the way around the back and on the other side of the building, so I don't usually like to park it back there. Anyway, I took Lola with me for a "ride", she was such a freak shaking in the back like she's thinking we're about to move again or something. In the meantime, the "drive" was literally 1 or 2 minutes long. Freak. Walking back to the building from the car port, I almost fell on the asphalt four times (in all of about 50 feet). Totally black ice everywhere, I'm so glad I don't have to drive anywhere tonight.

At work they've migrated our reporting software over to a new release and now a bunch of stuff is really screwed up. The front-end html interface tool is now completely different from how it worked with the older release. Not only am I now going to have to learn how this new interface works, but it seems that I can't even open the html files we've created with the older release without changing some fundamental properties. I have no idea of what the impact is going to be on this work and I can anticipate that there will now be a new complicated element to my job that I'm going to have to deal with. Ugh. So right now I'm dealing with two different development environments and I'm beginning to feel a bit crazed about it all. It's always something.

No comments: