Saturday, July 26, 2014

CrossFit Gear: Capris



When I started CrossFit, I would just wear cheap yoga pants that I bought at Target. While these were fine for walking or running on a treadmill or taking a yoga class, I quickly realized that they weren't going to work so well for CrossFit. I think I was in my first regular class (after having completed the ramp-ups) and my pants kept trying to fall down through the WOD. In fact I remember Coach Troy coaching me through the intervals and at one point I gasped, "my pants are falling down!" Coach Troy answered, "it doesn't matter, keep going!" Every class found me yanking up on my pants throughout the session.

I finally bought these Under Armour capris. I loved them so much that I ordered two more pairs. They  stay put, no matter what the workout calls for, they are comfortable and light (even on the hottest of days) and are surprisingly flattering. I always thought that the Under Armour brand was only for small, fit people, but apparently not so. These were also surprisingly affordable at $30.39 (the RRS VIP price). I just can't bring myself to spring for the $80+ Lululemon and similar stores charge for their gear.   Anyway, I am a fan and am happy to have found them. No more yanking and pulling at my pants during CrossFit class.

No comments: