Saturday, July 19, 2014

CrossFit Gear: Roam Roller


They have these foam rollers at my CrossFit. The first time I used one, I was like, 'OMG, it hurts! Not going to do THAT again!' Well, let me tell you, I've continued to use them and ... I have to admit that they actually work. At my Monday class, I tried it a little bit on my sore achilles and I could feel that it was actually doing something, I didn't take my shoe and sock off to really get at it then, but I felt that it relieved a little bit of the pain (well, it was more painful while using it, but then a little better afterwards). I got the roller yesterday and really went at it at home before my CrossFit session and, oh it hurt, hurt, HURT! And then it didn't (so much). The nubs really seem to get in there, like a deep tissue massage. I am going to be using this every day on my achilles and anything else that gets a little tweaky.

I ordered mine from Amazon.

No comments: