Friday, June 18, 2004

Good News



Well, I think I've lost some weight. This morning I tried on a linen shirt that I had purchased at H&M a good number of months ago that ended up being far too tight. So tight that I could barely get it on, and off again. I have tried it on periodically over subsequent months (the last time only a couple of weeks ago, I think) with the result always being that there was no way it could have been worn outside my apartment. This morning I tried it on and... it actually fit. Slightly too tight, but I could have worn it if I wanted to (and if I wanted to wear long sleeves on this grossly oppressive day -- not on your life). Would prefer it to be a little looser, but it really wasn't too bad. When I took it off again, I looked at the label and was surprised to see that it was actually a size smaller than I had expected it to be (which is interesting because H&M tends to run very small, so I wonder why I even bought it in the first place, other than the fact that it's kind of cute and probably only cost $10). Anyway, so a positive step, I think.

No comments: