Thursday, June 10, 2004

I'm So Sick Of This Reagan Mourning Business



Regardless of how you feel about his politics, the man led a pretty good life. He was a movie star, a governor and the President of the United States. The man died at the age of 93. I would say he had a pretty damn good life. Why mourn? Be happy he's out of his misery. I saw one mourner on TV who exclaimed (in tears), "it's so sad! We needed him here watching over our country!" Er, correct me if I'm wrong, but the man was in the late stages of alzheimer's disease. How much do you really think he was "watching over our country"? Personally, I think all this attention on national mourning is a conspiracy by republicans to focus media attention away from the war in Iraq. But then again, I tend to be the suspicious sort. Okay, enough politics for me.

No comments: