Monday, January 19, 2009

I Feel MUCH Better Now



I just had a really lazy weekend that I spent mostly lying around doing a whole lot of nothing (which is sometimes the nicest break you can give yourself) but I was feeling like quite a slug and mad at myself for ignoring some of my more important and immediate goals. So, I just ran on the treadmill for about thirty minutes. It was nothing very impressive, in fact, for some reason I found it harder on my treadmill than I've been finding similar runs on the treadmill at the gym at work. I wonder why that is? Anyway, at least I got something done, so I really do feel much better now. I always know that I'm going to feel this way after a workout, one would think I would be more motivated to actually feel it (and thus more motivated to work out), but it just doesn't seem to work out that way. Unfortunately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just started reading your blog through your link on the COTH forums. You are motivating me to get my act together. I keep saying I want to lose weight, but I just haven't been putting in the effort. I know how much it would improve my riding and I just haven't made myself work hard enough. I was very interested in your transition from NY to NH. so yesterday I went back to the very beginning and skimmed through everything. You have really put the work in. I went to the gym this morning and did a pretty intense 1/2 hr on the elliptical and some strength training.

deborah said...

Thanks, I'm trying anyway. It gets pretty hard to stick to sometimes, especially when the weight loss slows down as much as it has for me. Still, I at least FEEL so much better when I'm living actively, I need to keep reminding myself of that. I still want to lose 40 lbs, it seems like so far to go from where I sit right now.