Sunday, January 04, 2009

More about Goals



So, I'm thinking that I am going to go to the "Adult Camp" that my riding barn hosts in Aiken, South Carolina at the end of March. The camp is a great opportunity to ride everyday, they'll go to various cross-country courses in the area for jumping sessions, there will be some intense instruction and the opportunity to really dig deeper into the eventing world overall. Additionally, it's also a great opportunity to get to know some of the other adults at the barn and generally have fun doing something active, something I love. Anyway, so I'm thinking that this trip might be a great target for the first phase of my 2009 fitness plan. It gives me a good two and a half months, so if I work hard, I could show up at camp weighing 10-15 lbs less and being much more fit. It sure would be great to be able to gallop around a cross-country course without having to gasp for breath the entire way. It kind of takes some of the fun out of it, and you also have to wonder how effective you really are as a rider, if you can't even make it around without feeling like you're going to pass out. So, I think that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to concentrate on that target date. It gives me something really concrete to work towards, something that will be of immediate benefit, beyond just looking better or fitting better into my riding pants. Yes, I think this is a good goal, I'm a little excited now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

exciting!!

so all starts tomorrow? (winknudge)

Blink said...

So, I can expect you to visit the New Albany Classic next year? http://www.thenewalbanyclassic.com/

You have a place to stay!

deborah said...

Yes. By next year I'll be an Olympic level stadium jumper rider on my 500K horse. I think you should book your tickets now. Oh and can I stay with you? We'll put my horse in your back yard.