Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Plan: 3 Weeks In



I feel like I'm doing a little bit better, am a little more solid in my health/fitness/weight-loss plan now that I'm three weeks in. Frankly, the scale isn't budging all that much, but I'm not panicking about that yet. In the meantime, this past week I did manage to run three times, worked out with the trainer twice and stuck closely to my eating plan. Jenny Craig for breakfast & dinner, and have not gone crazy at lunch. I've also been pretty good about not nibbling in any way and have not had any alcohol at all since I started my 2009 plan. Most importantly, I feel more solid about everything. The workouts feel like more a part of my routine than something special that I am making myself do. I am also trying to push myself a little more with the running. What I mean is, I only allow myself walk breaks of one minute and for the most part make myself run a 10 minute-mile or faster -- running intervals are usually no shorter than 2 minutes (and are usually longer than that). This is one good thing about running on the treadmill, it's easier to be regimented. Still, I'm really only running 2-2.5 miles at a time, so I'm hoping that I'm going to be able to bump that up to at least 3 miles per session soon.

So, all-in-all I think I'm doing pretty well. More important to the actual activity is my attitude, I think. I am feeling very positive and very committed right now, and so I am pretty encouraged, at least at the moment (despite what the scale says).

3 comments:

J said...

Wow. That's terrific! You're running better than I am! I think you have FAST potential! LOL! I have run every day since at least December 29th. I told Joe that I can't think about it or might scare myself!

deborah said...

I doubt the fast potential! I just figure that when I was lighter and running consistently (back in the good old days) that a 10 mm was my stock pace. So if I push myself to do it, hopefully I can get there again. And maybe faster (someday). That's what I figure anyway, who knows what will really happen? And I need to increase my distance too.

deborah said...

And I can't believe you've run every day! I would be afraid of injury. On the other hand, you have a much better base than I do.