Friday, July 18, 2003

I ran into a guy I used to date today. Boy, did he look horrible. slightly hunched over, balding, hair (what's left of it) gone all grey. He looked like an old man, I was rather startled. And actually, I think I saw him not too long ago too, and don't remember feeling so shocked. It's certainly been this year (he works for my company), which leads me to believe that much of it is a recent development. He's married now and his wife just had a baby (their first). Maybe married life doesn't agree with him. Anyway, it sure did make me feel old. I remember drinking beer with him at a bar in Manasquan on the Jersey Shore. Now he looks older than my father. Do I look that old??? I know that I've noticed a couple of grey hairs suddenly over the last year, but I still was carded at the grocery store the other day.

No comments: