Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Managed to Spin tonight even though I knew E & K weren't going to be making it. Was it ever hard, and Tuesday is supposed to be my easier night. I left the gym to torrential rain, so for once I wasn't the only soaking wet person on the train (nobody needs to know that my wetness was due to sweat -- although, I imagine they could probably tell as I was still in my workout clothes).

I also managed a truncated upper-body weights workout (truncated because of the afore mentioned unfortunate morning commute that got me to work a half an hour or so late). Which leads me to the...

Rant of the Day: People who hang out on the weights machine when they're not working out. This makes me crazy. I have a short window in which to try and fit everything in, some guy (and, let's face it, it's usually a guy) sitting there staring off in to space or, worse, bullshitting with his buddy (or, at my gym, cruising for guys) really interferes with my workout. I once saw a guy reading a book (and not a weight-lifting-how-to variety of book either) while sitting on various weights machines in between his sets. Really.

No comments: