Tuesday, July 01, 2003

I caved this morning and bought a coffee at DD. I've been boycotting them all year because their prices went up. Again. So I hadn't been there in a while and I'm waiting on this humungous line and there is no air-conditioning in the store. I finally order my coffee, give the girl two dollars and I get a quarter and a handful of pennies back. What the F* is that???? Most places won't even take pennies anymore. Sheesh!

Rant of the Day: Willard Scott. Okay, so not him personally, but he does this nice thing where he announces on the Today Show who is 100 years old today. It used to be this really sweet gesture that he (or whatever producer at NBC) started. Well, then they had to add a product endorsement to make a few bucks and that just leaves a really sour taste in my mouth. First it was Hallmark and now it is Smuckers. Does everything have to be a plug??? Drives me crazy.

I bought a magazine to read on the train the other day. It was one of those women's fashion-type things that I normally try to avoid. But I bought it and read an article on the best jeans to wear if you have short legs, or a big butt, or wide hips, etc. My question is, what do you do if you have short legs AND a big butt AND wide hips? Just close yourself in your apartment because you shouldn't be seen in public?

I took a Spinning, er "Cycling", class tonight. It was as hard as usual, although, oddly, all the aches & pains and soreness from running yesterday were gone after the class. The instructor said that the month of July is going to be a tribute to the Tour de France, apparently mimicing the various trials of the race. Greeeeat. Something to look forward to.

No comments: