Tuesday, July 08, 2003

I was on line at DD again this morning. Okay, so the heat index today in NYC is supposed to hit 100*, I mean, it's HOT out there! So I'm on line and, again, there is NO AIR-CONDITIONING!!!! What is this??? Already unbelievably hot, and they're running toasters and other grilling machines to make whatever breakfast/fat concoctions they sell to the masses. At least I was only in there for a few minutes, but what about the poor people who have to work there? Standing behind the counter in their polyester uniforms. Plus, how appealing is it to have this person sweating profusely stacking your donuts in a box for you? No thanks. I passed on the donut, one coffee is fine, thanks.

3:33 pm: Screwed up a development database at work. Damn.

4:42 pm: Oh good, the d/b is okay. It was just something screwy I was doing in my code. phew.

8:36 pm:Well, I sucked it up and managed a Spinning class tonight. I've been a slacker for a few days, so it had to be done. Luckily, I think the instructor took pity on us because of the heat since I didn't feel so beaten up at the end. Still sweated like a jungle hog though. I feel so much better now. Aren't you glad I shared?

No comments: