Wednesday, July 16, 2008

1st Post-Surgery Workout



So I decided to try a real workout tonight. I figured that I would keep it simple so I just got on the treadmill for a little over 30 minutes and did some slower running intervals. It was hard enough, but not impossible, thankfully. Running causes this deep ache at the site of my surgery, but none of the incision sites seem to be at all bothered, so that is good. I ended up doing one minute running intervals followed by one minute fast walking intervals, so I never had a break of more than a minute (and even those one minute breaks were kept at a brisk pace, so they were active rests). That seemed to work pretty well, so I think I can start some regular running again at this stage. I'm going to keep the intervals slower for this week at least, but other than that I guess I can say that I'm back in the running game. Not too bad really, only one week post-surgery, I can't complain about that.

No comments: