Saturday, July 19, 2008

Clothes, Glorious Clothes



Since I've lost about 40 lbs or so, I have of course found myself in the position where all of my old clothes no longer fit. I'd say that I'm down a little more than two sizes at the moment. Of course, since I still have weight to lose and I'm still in the middle of this process, I also don't want to invest a ton of money on lots of new clothes in what will hopefully only be a transitional size. Luckily I've been able to find a lot Summer stuff on sale at some of my favorite online stores (as well as Target and TJ Max), so I've been able to fill out my wardrobe enough to last me a good couple of months or so, without having to break the bank.

With the weight loss, I am now more interested in cuter clothes and in trying to look nice, even to run out for an errand or something. This morning I had an appointment and since I was already out & about, I decided to make a stop in the mall to do some browsing, something I haven't really done much of in many years. I browsed through a few stores realizing that I really didn't need anything, so I wasn't very intent, but I definitely felt different in these stores than I have in a long, long time. Used to be I would feel embarrassed or even almost apologetic for myself when searching through a store for something that would fit my ass. Now I felt almost cute and that I could walk into pretty much any store there and find plenty of stuff that would fit me. I just didn't really want anything. Anyway, it was a good feeling and one that I hadn't had in a while. It's amazing what losing some weight and becoming more physically active can do for your frame of mind. I feel so much more attractive and positive these days.

No comments: